Mark M. Wilson
WORKERS’ COMP LAWYER NEAR PERU, IL & THE SURROUNDING AREAS
If you are injured on the job, you will usually have to file a workers’ compensation claim. The three basic types of workers’ compensation benefits employees may be entitled to are:
- Payment for Medical Bills
- Permanency Award
- Payment of Temporary Total Disability Benefits for Time Missed from Work
A Work Injury Lawyer in Peru, Illinois You Can Trust
You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if you were injured at work. However, in order to receive benefits, you need to file a claim, and navigating workers’ compensation law can be difficult. This, along with the fact that sometimes injured employees can have difficulty getting benefits they are entitled to, is why it is important to reach out to a qualified workers’ compensation attorney in Peru, IL.
For residents near Peru, Attorney Mark M. Wilson is here to offer professional legal advice and experience. He is an active member of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, and has represented victims of workers’ comp cases for many years.
What Is Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that is meant to cover medical costs and act as wage replacement for employees who have been injured on the job. In exchange for coverage, the injured party agrees not to sue their employer.
An employee files a workers’ comp claim after they suffer an injury at work, typically seeking benefits that will cover payment of medical bills, lost wages, and possibly a permanency award. Workers’ comp can also cover disability, rehabilitation, and job retraining fees.
Employers should be well-equipped to handle a workers’ comp claim, however, on occasion an employer may be unwilling to accommodate a claim. This usually means the injured employee will not receive fair compensation for their injuries, and resulting financial losses.
This is why it is so important to work with a professional workers’ compensation lawyer when you find yourself struggling to collect benefits. Injured workers who are trying to file a claim will often have difficulty navigating workers’ comp law in Illinois and obtaining due compensation. At the Wilson Law Office, LLC, we make sure clients understand this specific practice area of the law and work with them to build their case.
When you trust the Wilson Law Office, LLC to guide you, your odds of receiving compensation for your injuries are far greater than pursuing your case without qualified legal representation.
Mark M. Wilson handles a variety of work injury claims, including the following:
- Knee Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Death Claims
- Sprain/Strain Injuries
- Chemical Exposure Related Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Carpal/Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder Injuries
Claims can be filed for any number of work-related injuries, and compensation depends on the type of workers’ comp insurance your employer has. To gain maximum compensation for an injury, you will wish to consult the experts at the Wilson Law Office, LLC to get assistance from a professional workers’ comp attorney as soon as possible.
Workers’ Compensation – The Law in Illinois
The standards implemented for workers’ compensation claims vary by state, and understanding the differences can be difficult. Some important facts about Illinois Workers’ Compensation law include the following:
- Workers’ compensation is state-mandated and required to be carried by employers.
- Work-related illness or injury leaves an employee entitled to benefits no matter who is at fault.
- Illinois law does mandate that some injuries are not covered. These non-covered injuries include injuries sustained while committing a crime, injuries sustained while not on the job, injuries sustained while violating company policy, and self-inflicted injuries.
- I was injured at work, how do I initiate a workers’ compensation claim?
- When do I start receiving my temporary total disability checks?
- How much are my temporary total disability checks supposed to be?
- Is there a time limit to notify my employer of my accident/injury?
- Is there a statute of limitations to file a workers’ compensation claim?
- Why is my claim being denied even though my injury obviously occurred at work?
- Are pre-existing conditions covered?
- Do I have to go to an appointment with the insurance company doctor?
- How much is my case worth?
- I didn’t really have an “accident” but I was injured due to repetitive work activities. Is that covered under workers’ compensation?
- I am not happy with the doctor who is treating me. Can I switch doctors? How many doctors can I see for my injury?
- The doctor treating me is talking to the workers’ compensation insurance adjuster and/or the nurse case manager about my medical treatment. Is this allowed?
- The insurance company doctor has indicated that my injury is not work-related. Do I still have a case?
Our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers in Peru, IL can answer any questions you have about obtaining benefits after a work injury. The Wilson Law Office, LLC will always work to protect your rights and fight to ensure you receive maximum compensation.
The Wilson Law Office, LLC – A Workers’ Comp Attorney in Peru
State law seeks to protect injured workers, however, many people are not equipped to take on an employer who does not wish to cooperate, and make their case according to the law.
If you are having trouble getting workers’ compensation benefits, and you need a qualified attorney you can trust to handle your case, the Wilson Law Office, LLC is here for you. We have over twenty years worth of experience navigating Illinois workers’ compensation cases, and provide the expert assistance you need to get the benefits you deserve.
Contact our law firm in Peru, IL, today and get started working towards obtaining the benefits you need after a serious injury.